Вернуться   Club Audi Q5 - Клуб Ауди Q5 > Audi Q5 и Audi Q5 FL (техническая зона) > Электрика, освещение > Мультимедиа и навигация

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 05.03.2014, 17:24   #1
Пацак
Автомобиль: Q5 2.0 TDI 170 cv
Доп. информация
По умолчанию [GUIDE] How to enable online services in MMI 3G+ without sim

Hi my friends,
sorry if I write in english and not russian but I hope that you can use Google translator to be able to read the thread.
Below you can find a guide how to enable online services in MMI 3G+ without sim: I mean unit 8R1035666.
With online services I mean Google earth, online traffic, audi connect and poi search with Google.
As first thing I have to say thanks to DUK63 (a fantastic person) and Sergey (admin and author of http://turbo-quattro.com/ forum): they gave me many suggestion and information needed to give positive results.
The solution is based on AMI -> USB connection: if you don't have it you can create a USB connection following DUK63 guide.
The unit MMI should have at least 612 firmware.
Having a usb connection in your MMI, the information you must know (DUK63 already wrote it) is that MMI accepts only hardware based on chipset:
AX88772
AX88772A
AX88172
You must buy a usb->RJ 45 converter.
I advice dlink DUB E-100 (rev A4 or B1), or Gembird NIC-U1 (as DUK63 suggested). I buyed dlink on ebay for 20 euro (with shipping).
After that you must buy a wireles router: I adive tplink 3020 or 3040. I buyed a 3040 at a very good price in amazon (35 euro with shipping).
The router must be configured in wisp client mode: connected to dlink with rj45 and wirelss to your mobile phone (you have to enable router wifi in mobile phone to be able to share mobile data connection). You could use also a 3g/4g mobile connection instead of your phone: as you prefer.
The connection is:

AMI(USB) ->DUB E-100-> cableEth-> (RJ45) Router3040 (WiFi WISP mode) ->))))) wireless (((((<-Android

Now we can configure MMI.
At first you have to enable hidden menu: set channel 6 in adaptation to value 1. Reboot MMI.
Then you can enter to hidden menu pressing car+menu button for some seconds.
In the hidden menù you can see the dlink:

Inside MMi hidden menu you have to set:

1. /diagnose/coding/internal_modules_1+2:
Here you have to deselect all "Online ....(off)" entries.
Don't touch other entries.

2. /config/
Here you have to click on "Install Fair Mode": this will install dhcp server and DLinkReplacesPPP route.

3. Now you have to set DNS: file resolv.conf.
You must create resolv.conf file with inside:

nameserver 123.123.123.123

To do it I used the trick already explained by DUK63: extract the below file to sd and then you can execute it.

dns.rar

Rebbot MMI and then in the hidden menu you will have:

If inside info screen->settings you don't have the row "Online traffic data" to enable, you must set bit 15 in channel 69 of adaptation of MMI: this means to add 32768 to value you have in the channel. If set, reboot MMI.

After all these operations you have the options of google earth and traffic in navigations, you can search poi with google.
To enable online traffic you have select "Online traffic data" to yes and after connecting to audi server, the licence will be activated for 3 years.
After all I attach some screens of what you will have:

Enjoy!! : Good:: Good:
spinmar вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх страницы Вниз страницы
2 пользователя(ей) сказали cпасибо:
DUK63 (05.03.2014), jalib (06.03.2014)
Рекламный блок
Реклама на форуме
Старый 05.03.2014, 18:19   #2
Эцилоп

Автомобиль: 2.0TDI (2012 г)
Доп. информация

Marco,
Отлично!!!
Только два вопроса:
1. Вы устанавливали GEMMI (Google Earth MMI) отдельно или это включено в прошивку 612?
2. Как переключаться с обычных карт на карты Google?

Excellent! (кстати, не знаю, что в Италии обозначает это жест )
Only two questions:
1. You set GEMMI (Google Earth MMI) separately or it is included in firmware 612?
2. How to switch from conventional maps to Google maps?

Для просмотра ссылок или изображений в подписях, у Вас должно быть не менее 10 сообщение(ий). Сейчас у Вас 0 сообщение(ий).

Для просмотра ссылок или изображений в подписях, у Вас должно быть не менее 10 сообщение(ий). Сейчас у Вас 0 сообщение(ий).

DUK63 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх страницы Вниз страницы
Старый 05.03.2014, 18:24   #3
Пацак
Доп. информация

Thanks!
The GEMMi is included in firmware 612.
You can switch from conventional maps on Google maps (or any type from maps) in settings page of navigation.
You can see here:

Пользователь сказал cпасибо:
DUK63 (05.03.2014)
Старый 05.03.2014, 18:36   #4
Эцилоп

Автомобиль: 2.0TDI (2012 г)
Доп. информация

Marco,
такую картинку видел? / saw the this picture?

Картинка Дениса (jalib) с использованием AMI-BOX / Picture by Denis (jalib) using AMI-BOX

Последний раз редактировалось DUK63; 05.03.2014 в 18:39.
DUK63 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх страницы Вниз страницы
Старый 05.03.2014, 20:40   #5
Пацак
Доп. информация

This is the view Street view of Google.
We have to ask to Jalib how he activate it.
Jalib, how do you activate it in navigation menu?

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 19:37 ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 18:23 ----------

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 19:40 ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 19:37 ----------

Цитата:
Сообщение от spinmar Посмотреть сообщение
It is needed to go down 30 meters in the zoom
Старый 06.03.2014, 11:08   #6
Чатланин
Доп. информация

Hi, It's very simple for street view activation you must change the map scale less then 30 meters. Also if Google Map have a street view you will see the man near map scale indicator.
I was install GEMMI separately because I have MMI without SIM factory installed.

Последний раз редактировалось jalib; 06.03.2014 в 11:16.
jalib вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх страницы Вниз страницы
Старый 06.03.2014, 12:41   #7
Пацак
Доп. информация

Hi Jalib,
yes street view is activated under 30 meters zoom.
I have unit 666 so there is no sim module internal.
I didn't install any GEMMI module separately: I installed only 612 firmware and activated what I wrote in the post.
Старый 06.03.2014, 20:38   #8
Пацак
Доп. информация

hi

nice manual - good work

but I have a small problem I have 670G unit so with build in SIM

you wrote:

To enable online traffic you have select "Online traffic data" to yes and after connecting to audi server, the licence will be activated for 3 years.
After all I attach some screens of what you will have:

but when I am checking license all the time I got answer - currently the query cannot be processed.

any ideas whats wrong?

I had not traffic online factory installed - I added it by channel 69 where I set value 32783. then I got in menu traffic online but impossible to add licence

even I asked about audi - their answer was as usually - this feature existiing from W45 2012 and impossible to add later

pls help me - I am fighting with this since begining of 2013

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 17:38 ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 17:19 ----------

my current version SW is 770 but same issue I had with 612, 614 and with 518_7

I have screnshots from green menu and others but I am not able to upload anything to this forum

if I will swap 5F to another one it will works? if yes whats a problem that mine doesnt works?

Последний раз редактировалось paszczak; 06.03.2014 в 20:40.
paszczak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх страницы Вниз страницы
Старый 27.03.2014, 17:43   #9
Пацак
Доп. информация

An update of the guide: thi is related to the following question
How to show the Google icon on the right bottom corner of MMI?
The answer is in the submenu telephony of hidden green menu.
If you set Nad Activation and Nad operation mode, magically Google icon will be shown.
Remember to restart mmi.
Старый 27.03.2014, 23:23   #10
Администратор

Автомобиль: Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI
Доп. информация

только я не понял ни слова?

Slava P вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх страницы Вниз страницы
Ответ

Рекламный блок

Нижняя навигация
Вернуться   Club Audi Q5 - Клуб Ауди Q5 > Audi Q5 и Audi Q5 FL (техническая зона) > Электрика, освещение > Мультимедиа и навигация

Опции темы
Опции просмотра